Best Deals

Friday, September 27, 2013

Honey Singh to team up with Chris Brown, Rihanna and Jenifer Lopez?

The latest buzz is that Honey Singh is all set to collaborate with three of Hollywood’s most popular artistes, namely Chris Brown, Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez. The offer came to Honey during his last trip to the US. The singer was quoted saying, “Universal Music came to me with the whole catalogue of their A-lister artistes suggesting I collaborate with them. I guess they singled me out because outside Bollywood, I am the only musician In India who has a fan-base. At least, that’s what I told. Universal wants me to team up with their most saleable contemporary artistes. I am not at liberty to reveal the names we’ve zeroed in on. But yes, they are today the hottest names in the American and global charts.” A source reveals that Yo Yo Honey Singh flies this week to the US to work out the details. The hilarious part of it all was when Universal Music presumed that Honey Singh was unfamiliar with artistes like Chris Brown, Rihanna or Jennifer Lopez. On that account, Honey candidly said, “That’s right. They offered to provide me with detailed backgrounders of the artistes that I am going to be partnering. I think they feel Indian musicians don’t listen to too much imported music. And I am okay with that perception.” Honey feels that Indian artists fail abroad because they spend too much time and effort trying to behave and sound non-Indian. “Why would they entertain us if we try to entertain them with carbon-copies of their look and sounds?” Honey Singh is extremely pumped up and is looking forward to bringing an entirely Indian feel and flavor to his collaborations with the three popstars. “I will bring my sound to the table. They will bring theirs. If I try to sound like them I’ll end up making a fool of myself.”

No comments: